Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Hydrogen bonding in Kerala

On thursday I am visiting the new Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram (IISER-TVM) [Trivandrum, Kerala], an hours flight from Bangalore.
I will give a talk to a mixed chemistry-physics audience,
"A quantum physicist looks at hydrogen bonding."
Here are the slides of the current version.
It is largely based on this paper.

I recently posted earlier about some nice work my host Jemmis did on blue-shifted hydrogen bonds.

2 comments:

  1. Really minor points:

    The "main slide" talk: I disagree with the exclamation point. I see where it's coming from, it's saying "pay attention now, especially now!". But the sentence itself is not really an exclamation. I'd argue for big font, or stars or something. Is this pedantic?

    On the same slide, the first two follow on from the beginning of the sentence "A simple model Hamiltonian", but then the third and fourth don't finish the sentence properly (i.e., i'd add "provide" or similar). Is this pedantic?

    The figure with three distances, an angle phi, and all describing just two bonds looks confusing at first glance.

    I really love the figures (seen before from the paper itself) with three anti-crossings and huge hybridization energies.


    Come to think of it, you didn't ask for comments!

    ReplyDelete