Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Belgrade bad metal talk

On thursday I am giving a seminar at the Institute of Physics in Belgrade, Serbia.
My host is Darko Tanasković. He recently did some nice work with Jaksa Vučičević, Hanna Terletska, and Vlad Dobrosavljević showing quantum critical scaling of the resistivity near the critical point of the Mott transition in Dynamical Mean-Field Theory [DMFT] of the half-filled Hubbard model. A recent PRB describes this in terms of a quantum Widom line.

Here is the current version of the slides for my talk.

In preparing the talk I realised that in some recent versions of this talk I did not includes a slide, "Open questions and future work." That is bad. Perhaps every talk should have such a slide. I want other people to work on problems I am working on and certainly don't want to create the impression that my recent work [on any topic] has "solved" the problem and there is not much left to do.

1 comment:

  1. I like the suggestion to include a future directions slide.

    ReplyDelete